Re: filmscanners: scanning/photoshop workstation (long)

>I feel multiple processors are worthwhile in a power system so my last
>system was built with two PIIIs rather than one Athlon.

Then you have also choosed the Operating System i.e. Windows 2000 .... in
facts W98 is NOT able to manage multi-CPU systems.
If W2000 would do it in a appropriate way ... ;-) ... this is questionable.

Or are you thinking to Unix / Linux OS ? ... this manages far better than
Windows either the multi-threaded applications either the PCU either all the
other resources , but as far as I know it doesn't work with Photoshop.

Also , be sure to have EXTREMELY FAST I/O System or you will have payed for
a lot of CPU power and left that money/power always waiting for the data .

I strongly prefer more balanced systems because the throughput is made by
the combination (like a matrix) of the performances and the power deployed
and not by a single element ... as the single producers desperately want
(often they succeed) to convince the market to sell their products with
extra profit (added value ?) .

my 2cents  :-)

Sincerely.

Ezio

> I feel multiple processors are worthwhile in a power system so my last
> system was built with two PIIIs rather than one Athlon.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.