Re: filmscanners: File format

I tried it with ten iterations in PSP7, and saw no visible
degradation, so my finding was different from Henk's.

Attached: two 6K jpeg clips of a bit of lace, clipped out of
400x250  29K clips  from an original 2700 dpi scan.

The first is a clip from a PSP7 '15%' jpeg photograph,
resaved once as
'10%'  jpeg, and the other is the same clip closed, reopened
and resaved 10 times. Note that the file sizes aren't
necessarily
significant, because I failed to crop them to exactly
the same size.

I suspect it might be a different story if the image had
been edited slightly between each iteration, because then
the jpegging couldn't repeat itself exactly. I haven't tried
that experiment yet because I can't think of a standardised
small
bit of editing to do each time. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Alan T