filmscanners: Re: Canon FS2710 vs Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II

At 4:23 PM -0800 3/29/01, Arthur Entlich wrote:
>OK, so at current exchange rates, I now know that the Canon purchase
>will cost me an extra $70 CAN, for Vuescan.  Does the Minolta Scan
>II also require Vuescan to reach its "zenith"?

        From what I read on this list, any scanner can benefit from
VueScan. Along with that, it means that once you learn the admittedly
arcane program, you can plug in any scanner and not have to learn
another kind of software interface.
        As an example, last month I was able to borrow a Nikon LS-30
for a couple of weeks. I didn't even bother with the NikonScan
software - I just opened VueScan, used approximately the same
settings I use with my Canon, and immediately started getting
excellent scans.
        The same is true with my Epson flatbed with Transparency
adapter. VueScan almost always gives results close to perfect on the
first try.

Regards,
Roger Smith

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.