Re: filmscanners: Printing A3 from a 2700dpi scan

>Rob: Why don't you try a Fuji REALA negative at that size?

Reala suffers from grain aliasing on the LS30 just as badly as pretty much
every other neg film I've tried.  It would be better than the old kodak
neg, but a better one to try would be Provia 100F for a complete lack of
grain.  Then I can be more certain that any patterning on the print is the
printer not the film.

I wish I had more time to devote to all this stuff.  I'll probably have
to arrange to take a few days off work so I can really make some progress.
 For instance I'd love to try scanning a T400CN frame exposed at EI250 to
see just how much "grain" it shows in the LS30 - because on the enlarger
using a floor projection the grain is incredibly fine.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.