Re: filmscanners: Vuescan: "device RGB"

shAf wrote:

>         Has anyone figured out how to use this color space option??  VS's
> help file implies the resulting color space will be that of the
> "device", BUT the profile is not embedded.  How would you convert to a
> Photoshop editing work space if the 'from' device space is not known
> or embedded??

 I'm the one who has requested for this space.
Choosing this device space will disable all color space conversions in Vuescan

(like raw) but allows you to perform the light/heavy/medium filtering on it,
which
is not possible on the raw output.
The 'from' device space in P2P will still have to be your scanner profile (as
with the raw output)

>         I was hoping this option would have allowed me to select an actual
> ICM which came with the scanner, or had been empirically created.  It

This would be very nive to have, I agree, but according to Ed, not very
trivial to implement.

> would seem to be the best color space for archiving the original scan.
> Actually, the Vuescan 'raw' scan is always the best choice for
> archiving ... but not necessarily for everyone.  The use of this
> option is a mystery.
>
> shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.