RE: filmscanners: Keeping messages On Topic

HI, All!

The following are just my opinions and feelings on the matter:

I can't think of anything MORE on topic than discussions regarding Vuescan!
Considering that it is software designed explicitly for scanning, and isn't
particularly useful for anything else BUT scanning, discussions about it are
absolutely ON topic.

Let us not ignore the fact that we are exceptionally lucky in that we have
the "ear" as it were, of a top notch software developer who is actively
soliciting our opinions and needs for use in his software.  This is almost
UNHEARD of in any other field!  Now that I've grown accustomed to Vuescan's
user interface, I just can't imagine abandoning it for any other scanning
software that I am aware of.

Let us also continue to post our experiences with new versions of Vuescan as
well as other software.  I'd like to know ASAP if I am the only person
experiencing a problem (is it me, or is it the new version?)  This could
save me hours of wasted time, if I know in advance that I may have a
particular problem.

Discussions such as those on CD burning are (or can be) very on topic as
well, as I archive my scans on CDs.  Yes, I also produce music CDs as well,
so these discussions are of double interest to me.

Flame wars, of course are not welcome, but the topic that has been branded a
flame war, recently, has about alll the heat of a discussion with bad breath
;-)  I've seen some really unholy jihads on other fora (forums), and this is
mild in comparison!!

Just my two cents...

Guy Clark

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.