RE: filmscanners: Clarity! Dual Monitor Hell (Heaven!)

I'm the opposite.

I find a mouse very relaxing because I have my wrist on the desk and just
move the mouse with thumb and second finger, leaving the index finger
resting on the buttons.

With a stylus I find my hand remembering the writer's cramp of my far-off
school days...

And a trackball is just hell!

elbow@microsoft.com (Eli Bowen) wrote:

>       I use dual 21" monitors and a 6x8" Wacom stylus tablet on Win2K
and
> have done the same on Macs. Works great.
>       I have always hated mice. I use a trackball in addition to the
> tablet. I would have had to quit my job after a couple of months if I
> had to
> use a mouse all day. Ergonomically I find mice very stressful due to
> rotation of the wrist and tension in the pointing finger. I'm constantly
> amazed to see people choose mice over other alternatives. For me, a
> trackball or stylus is much more comfortable to use and gives more
> precise
> control. With a mouse the "fine" motions that require the most precise
> control are done with the arm or wrist, while the fingers just click.
> With a
> trackball or stylus the "fine" motions are controlled by the fingers -
> which
> have fine muscle control evolved and trained into them. The arm is then
> used
> only for large movements much more suited to arm muscles.
>       Try before you buy.
>       Some people never seem to be able to adapt to a stylus, a
trackball
> or a trackpad.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.