Re: filmscanners: LS-30 and Windows 2000

Edwin Eleazer wrote:

> Is anyone else running this combination. I recently installed Win 2000 and
> although it recognizes my Adaptec 2930CU SCSI card, and the Coolscan III,
> and I have upgraded the Nikon driver to Win 2000 from the Nikon website,
> neither Vuescan or Nikonscan can find the scanner. I have tried the
> downloads on the Adaptec site, although the 2930 is supported on the Win
> 2000 CD, and even tried it as a 2940UW as that works with Win NT, but
> nothing seems to work.
> Any suggestions?
> Edwin

I believe you also need to install a Win2K ASPI driver for the 2930CU.
The Nikon Driver or scanner software talks to the ASPI driver then the
ASPI driver talks to the 2930CU. This also the reason you can have a
different SCSI card but your Nikon Software remains the same. I got
an impression that you can down load the ASPI driver from Adaptec.
Or if you have an EZSCSI from Adaptec it will take care of the problem.

Quoton

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.