RE: filmscanners: Anyone using Win2K? Does is manage color like W98SE?

No. They are working on a version of Windows that has a common base from
which they can spin off various scaled versions, for use at home, office,
server, etc. The price will be scaled similar to what we have today for ME,
2000 Professional, 2000 Server, etc. The way they will make more money doing
this isn't by charging the consumer more money, but by reducing their own
internal maintenance costs.

> I'm sure they wouldn't mind
> everyone paying more along the way. ;)

But no one within Microsoft seriously entertains the idea that consumers
would be willing to pay $300 for their operating system. That's not in their
plans.

Frank Paris
marshalt@spiritone.com