Re: filmscanners: Puzzled about display resolution

Frank Paris wrote:

>> Oh, did I mention your monitor will probably burn out sooner at that
>> screen mode?
>

> Why? Because it's running at a higher frequencies? That's like saying a 33
> Mhz Pentium will last longer than a 900 MHz Pentium III.

Well, it just might, actually ;-)

What I've found is
> that modern monitors running at much higher frequencies last a lot longer
> than monitors built five and ten years ago that run at much lower
> frequencies.

I'll agree that this is true, in fact, I stated this some months back
about monitors of the recent past.  Some people are still using those
monitors, in which case they need to be particularly careful about not
overdriving them.  But my point is that on the same monitor, even a
newer one, running at higher frequencies wears the electronics harder
than at lower frequencies.

They've figured this stuff out, Art. There's no percentage in
> being a Luddite these days when it comes to video technology.

Is that a slur on my religion? ;-)  Wasn't there a guy who sent out
parcels with stuff that went boom as a result of such talk?  Seems these
days, if you haven't bought the "hot stuff" for a month or two, you've
fallen into the "Luddite Zone"...

My backup computer is a Timex/Sinclaire!

Luddites Unite!

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.