RE: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Idea

Wednesday, March 07, Collin Ong wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Lynn Allen wrote:
>> Tim wrote:
>>
>>>It would help my workflow considerably if I could answer email or write
>>> invoices or whatever, rather than having to babysit the scanner for each
>>> frame.
>>
>> It would help everybody's, I'm sure. The solution is co-processors, which is
>
> Actually the solution is not co-processors.  The reason you can't do this
> is because VS doesn't currently provide a way to prescan multiple frames,
> select crop and image processing settings for each, then batch scan
> and process them all.

Yes, Collin, that's what I was thinking of. I wasn't so much concerned with
being able to using the scanning PC while it was scanning. I can move to
my laptop to work on something else, or go get a snack or make a phone
call.

As you say, I'd just like to be able to batch scan a strip of frames with
pre-entered manual settings for cropping and image processing. VueScan's
batch scanning is very nice if you're using the automatic options for those
features, but I prefer to set them myself. Consequently I'm tied to the
computer for a couple of hours when I could be doing something else.

Best wishes,

Tim Victor
TimVictor@csi.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.