RE: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Idea

On Wednesday, March 07, Lynn Allen wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>>It would help my workflow considerably if I could answer email or write
>> invoices or whatever, rather than having to babysit the scanner for each
>> frame.
>
> It would help everybody's, I'm sure. The solution is co-processors, which is
> a hardware fix and not in Vuescan's purview. Amiga still has the patents on
> that, I think (and please forgive me for constantly and good-naturedly
> bugging you long-time Mac & PC people on that point, and my I-told-you-so
> rants :-)).

No problem. I did some Amiga programming back in the day and they
did have some nice ideas. But with the accelerated graphics controllers
I/O subsystems on current PC's, I think the Intel world has just about
caught up by now. :-)

As I said in another message, I don't mind leaving my main PC alone
to get the batch scanning done as quickly as possible. I'll work on my
laptop or read a magazine or something in the meantime.

What I meant to suggest was simply the ability to preview a whole
batch scan, manually set the crop, rotation, image processing, etc.,
for each frame (and yes, interactive preview of color correction settings,
as others have suggested, would be lovely!) and then scan the batch
unattended.

Best wishes,

Tim Victor
TimVictor@csi.com