RE: filmscanners: File sizes, file formats, etc. for printing 8.5 x 11and 13 x 17...

>       ... and I would still argue that stoichastic or random dithering is
> NOT an implimentation of halftoning ... that is, this implimentation
> of dithering does not vary the dot size, rather the number and
> placement of dots.

That is where we disagree.  I believe that it is the effect that is
halftoning...and how you arrive at that effect does not mean it still isn't
halftoning.  I think I've made that really clear that is my belief ;-)

Also, as I said, my Epson printers have "dither..." etc. as selections under
"halftone".

I ordered a number of reference books/papers that'll probably take a week or
so to get here.  Hopefully reading through them will give me a better
understanding one way or the other.

It's kind of like saying the resolution of your monitor is 1280x1024, when
that has really nothing to do with resolution (needs a linear reference, as
in per inch to be resolution)...one of those industry mis...somethings...

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.