RE: filmscanners: File sizes, file formats, etc. for printing 8.5 x 11and 13 x 17...

Half-toning is a specific kind of dithering, namely cluster-dot ordered
dithering. Another kind of dithering is a random dither, or stochastic
dithering. So the general term is dithering, not half-toning. You can read
about this in sec. 13.1.2 in Foley and van Dam's classic book, "Computer
Graphics" Second Edition. I guess it doesn't matter what Adobe says about
it. These are old terms that have been around a lot longer than Photoshop.

Frank Paris
marshalt@spiritone.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.