RE: filmscanners: File sizes, file formats, etc. for printing 8.5 x 11and 13 x 17...

> Austin writes ...
>
> > Now, another question...why do you call it 'dither' instead of
> halftone?
>
>     I consider "dither" as the general term, which includes
> "halftone".  "Halftone" would seem best applied to traditional
> methods, and not include some of the newer techniques ... e.g.,
> "random" or "stoichastic" dithering ... but that may be just me  :o)

Well, I asked because someone wanted to 'discuss' with me that halftone is
not the proper term, that dither was.  I've been in digital imaging for over
20 years, and I believe halftone is still appropriate to call the overall
process...and dither is but one method employed in halftoning...so I think
you have it reversed...and apparently Adobe agrees with me if you check
their technical articles on PhotoShop on halftoning...so I was curious why
you, also, called it that instead of halftoning.  Not saying you're wrong,
but my understanding is different.  Check the Adobe site and let me know
what you thing...  If you want the URLs, I can dig them up.

Regards,

Austin

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.