RE: filmscanners: File sizes, file formats, etc. for printing 8.5 x 11and 13 x 17...

Marvin writes ...

> It is interesting that VuePrint Pro_32 refers to 385 dpi
> rather than ppi.
> In scanning and printing terminology can we use the terms
> dpi and ppi interchangeably?

        It is common to see both terms of resolution used as if they are
interchangeable, but if you consider (for example) Epson printers
which have a inkjet resolution of 720DPI, but should be sent an image
file of 240PPI, you can see where the context of the terminology is
important.  Modern use of the term, are "DPI" for dithering printers,
and "PPI" for RGB scanners, Photoshop images, non-dithering printers
(e.g., dye-sublimation).

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.