Re: filmscanners: VueScan 6.7.3 Available

In a message dated 2/26/2001 4:28:15 PM EST, sgjennin@ix.netcom.com writes:

> I have a Umax Astra 2000U.  I opened up Vuescan 6.7.3 but it doesn't
>  show the scanner in the Scan From option.  Is there more that I need to do?

VueScan doesn't support USB Umax scanners, either on Windows
or Mac OS.  They don't use the same type of commands as the
scsi Umax scanners, and the command format they use isn't
documented (and can't easily be reverse engineered).

VueScan 6.7.3 adds Mac OS support for those USB
scanners that were previously supported in the Windows
version of VueScan.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Regards,