Re: filmscanners: VueScan 6.7.3 Available

Ed, I have a Umax Astra 2000U.  I opened up Vuescan 6.7.3 but it doesn't
show the scanner in the Scan From option.  Is there more that I need to do?

STEPHEN    JENNINGS
    P h o t o g r a p h e r
       Cambridge, MA
sgjennin@ix.netcom.com

> From: EdHamrick@aol.com
> Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:48:32 EST
> To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
> Subject: filmscanners: VueScan 6.7.3 Available
>
> I just released VueScan 6.7.3 for Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
> It can be downloaded from:
>
> http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html
>
> What's new in version 6.7.3
>
> * Added support for USB scanners on Mac OS
> (HP S20 film scanner only supported on Windows)
>
> * Improved robustness of USB scanners on Windows
>
> Some other information from the release notes for users
> of Mac OS and USB scanners:
>
> If your scanner has a button on the front and
> if a program starts up when you press this button
> while running VueScan, you need to disable this
> behavior to get VueScan to work properly.
> Unfortunately, it appears that this behavior
> can't be disabled on some scanners, especially
> Agfa USB scanners.  To disable button polling on
> Epson scanners, use "Epson Scanner Monitor Setup"
> in the Apple menu (uncheck "Enable monitoring").
>
> VueScan supports the same USB scanners on Mac OS
> as Windows (except for the HP S20).  You need to
> first install the software that came with the
> scanner and verify that the scanner works (you
> only need to do this when you first install the
> scanner).
>
> Regards,
> Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.