Re: filmscanners: Nikon jaggies update

Rob:  Regarding the jaggies:  I have 2.5.1 and find that Nikon's LS-30 output
at 1350 dpi has jaggies and Vuescan's 2700 output from the same machine has
none.  It seems to be a question of output resolution.  This is rather
simplistic, I know, and there are probably other reasons for them.  As a
result, I usually us Vuescan set at 2700 and above 8 bits per channel which is
also what Nikon uses for its output.  The scans may take longer but quality is
much improved.

Gordon

Rob Geraghty wrote:

> I have had a couple of responses from Nikon.  Basically they are claiming
> that BIOS 1.31 and Nikonscan 2.51 fix the problem.
>
> So they are under the impression that the update has fixed the problem.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.