Re: filmscanners: Nikon 8000 ED or Polaroid Sprintscan 120 ??

Another comment to add to Roman's.... If it were true that the automation will
replace the brain, then why do professional writers make so much money when we
have word processors? These yechno auto toys are all meant to be extensions of
and not replacements for the brain... the brain is the creative center that
makes the decision of where to point the robot camera... The other thing is, the
more programmed and creative these things get, the smarter the human using them
has to be to figure out to overcome the stupid programming... My N90s is an
example, another is my Minolta Elite scanner software, I never let that make the
decision as to the exposure...

Mike M.

Roman Kielich® wrote:

> At 19:35 22/02/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >"What does that mean squire?" I hear you ask...
> >well what it means my son is that the photographers day's will be numbered,
> >except for their legs and arms that is....their brain will be totally
> >redundant as the appropriate software will do the job, faster, more
> >reliably, with greater consistency, better quality, more imaginatively and
> >finally.....cheaper.
>
> it may work for a professional photographer, but it will fail with
> amateurs.   The biggest amount of stuffed pics comes from Japan, with the
> highest number of full auto, super duper cameras. You can replace almost
> all members of your body, except one.
>
> "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow
> in Australia".

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.