Re: filmscanners: Nikon 8000 ED or Polaroid Sprintscan 120 ??

Jack: I understand what you are saying... but why can't you make the pitch to
the scanner OEM's that their including the IR and ICE as a basic set will allow
them to have a minimal price scanner and the availability of GEM and ROC as
accessories will only make their product more attractive?

Mike M.

Jack Phipps wrote:

> Mike--
> This is a tough question to answer. It is important that we work with our
> existing customers (scanner OEMs) because it is important that they include
> an infra-red channel in their scanners (according to our agreed upon
> specifications). Without their help, we couldn't have the success we've had
> to date. The follow-on products are tuned to a particular scanner's
> specifications (scanner resolution, scan characteristics) and are
> distributed by the OEMs. We've also been busy integrating Digital ICE on
> scanners for digital minilabs. So far, Agfa, Gretag, Noritsu and Kodak have
> included our technology in their product with more on the way. End users are
> very important to us, and it is our goal to provide the best possible
> products to them through our OEM relationships.
>
> It was very gratifying to hear the testimonials at PMA. People came to our
> booth with before and after images showing the power of Digital ICE. We had
> an image on display from a professional photographer (George Barris) of
> Marilyn Monroe that showed what Digital ICE, Digital ROC and Digital GEM
> could do. This image was badly damaged and faded. We made a good sized
> enlargement and the before and after comparisons were impressive.
>
> I hope you understand our situation and will continue to consider our
> products.
>
> Jack Phipps
> Applied Science Fiction

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.