Re: filmscanners: Set filmscanner on Minitower box?

OK, this is getting out of hand now ;-)

Keep your SS4000 right where it is, I wouldn't want any minds blown!

I am not suggesting that either RF/EM or vibration from a computer tower
WILL necessarily degrade the results from your scanner.  I am
suggesting, in theory, the possibility exists for such a problem to
exist, and I do know that there were suggestions that the HP Photosmart
scanner might have improved results by altering its placement relative
to the computer and monitor.

Art

> Wow, I just noticed this post and Art's reply. My SS4000 is also sitting on
> top my mini-tower, because I don't have a SCSI cable long enough to stretch
> to the top of my desk and the blasted things cost over fifty bucks. Oddly,
> when I feel the side of my mini-tower, I can feel it vibrating (although
> more on the sides than on the top where the scanner is sitting).

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.