Re: filmscanners: Set filmscanner on Minitower box?

Michael Moore wrote:

> Art: Are you saying I shouldn't have my Minolta Elite sitting on my wroktable
> next to my monitor (not touching) ?
>
> Mike M.

I don't want to start any "urban myths" here.  Due to the nature of the
electronics in scanners, there is always the potential for RF/EM
interference to cause distortion, noise, or data-scramble in the cables.
  It all depends upon the design of the unit, the shielding on the
respective cases and circuits and cables.  I know that digital noise is
a very real problem which all designers are constantly having to work
around in the design of their circuit boards.  Quality monitors and
scanners should be well enough shielding to avoid this, in theory, but
monitors are notorious for emitting "junk" out the sides and back, where
they are not tested for human safety.

Vibration is again another potential issue.  You'll note I use the term
potential a lot in this regard.  I have no empirical evidence to base
this on, but I'll stand by my last statement from my previous post:

 >> The best thing is to test it in both that and another
 >> location and see if you notice any difference in the scan quality.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.