Re: filmscanners: GEM, ROC compared to Vuescan

"Jack Phipps" <JPhipps@asf.com> wrote:
> Digital ICE from Applied Science Fiction should not soften the image.

Jack, are you talking about the current version of ICE, or the version
implemented on the Nikon LS30, LS2000 and Minolta Scan Elite?
If you're talking about the new version we'll have to take your word
for it because I don't think anyone outside of ASF or Nikon has
seen it in action.  If you're talking about the version on the scanners
I mentioned above, it most definitely DOES soften the image, at
least on the Nikons - I haven't tried the Minolta.

I have an LS30, and I have used ICE enough to be able to state
that for a fact.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.