Re: filmscanners: CANON INTRODUCES CANOSCAN FS4000US

What I want to see is the Minolta Elite II that you know has to be in the
works.

----- Original Message -----
From: Enoch's Vision, Inc. (Cary Enoch R...) <caryenochr@enochsvision.com>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 12:02 PM
Subject: RE: filmscanners: CANON INTRODUCES CANOSCAN FS4000US

> [mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of shAf

> The Kodak scanner, so well received because of hype, underscored the
> old buyer beware cliché "you get what you pay for!" ... and should
> warn us this Canon scanner should be welcomed only with some caution
> and only after testing.
> I'll look forward to Ed's return and his result of working with this
> scanner ... and of course, Tony's evaluation as well.

Let's not forget the corollary to that expression is "with Nikon you don't
get what you
pay for." By that I mean customer support. I learned that unhappy lesson
with my first
film scanner, a Nikon LS1000 when I encountered nothing but arrogance,
stalling, and
ignorance from Nikon "support." It's quite the opposite with Polaroid and
probably would
be with Canon also.

Naturally I'll be looking forward to evaluations of the Canon unit by Ed and
Tony but I'm
quite sure that I'd never buy from Nikon again.

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com; http://www.bahaivision.com -- "Behind all these
manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things. The
function of art
is to reveal this radiance through the created object." ~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.