Re: filmscanners: Canon FS2710 - any good?

In a message dated 2/9/2001 4:45:05 AM EST, artistic@ampsc.com writes:

> To my knowledge, the only scanners with an IR channel are:
>
>  Nikon LS30/2000 (and likely the new ones being released)
>  Minolta Elite
>  Acer Scanwit 2740

Yes, this is correct.

>  As VueScan's ability to do clean up improves, IR channel may become less
>  important an issue.

Scanners with an infrared channel will always clean images
significantly better than scanners without.  I can't imagine
any cleaning algorithm that could even be 1/10 as good as
the cleaning ability of a scanner with an infrared channel.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.