Re: filmscanners: Canon FS2710 - any good?

To my knowledge, the only scanners with an IR channel are:

Nikon LS30/2000 (and likely the new ones being released)
Minolta Elite
Acer Scanwit 2740

As VueScan's ability to do clean up improves, IR channel may become less
important an issue.

patton paul wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Arthur Entlich wrote:
>

>> If you don't require SCSI interfacing and have a USB port, you may wish
>> to consider the Minolta Dimage Dual Scan II.  Most people are quite
>> impressed with it, especially when used with VueScan, a third party
>> product selling for $40 US., and the price is lower than the Canon.
>>
>> The Canon is considered a reasonable produce by those who use it, but
>> the Minolta seems to be better value.
>>
>> I haven't used either scanner, and going on reports I have read over
>> numerous months through many sources.
>

> Does either the Minolta or the Canon scanner have an IR channel for ICE?
> -Paul Patton
>
>> Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.