Re: filmscanners: Re: bit depth and dynamic range

on 2/5/01 2:50 PM, EdHamrick@aol.com at EdHamrick@aol.com wrote:

> Except that VueScan's dust removal works better than Digital ICE,
> VueScan's "Restore colors" works better than Digital ROC, and
> VueScan's Clean function works better than Digital GEM.  I'm biased
> of course, and people should come to their own conclusions, but
> these assertions are simple things to verify by simply trying them.
>
> Regards,
> Ed Hamrick

With all these great claims (and reports) for Vuescan, I hope Ed finds
somebody to take him up on his $1000 offer to find a way to support
USB-on-Mac scanners, since that's where I'm headed.

BTW, I chickened out on the Kodak 3600 and cancelled that order and ordered
the Minolta Scan Dual II instead.  Waiting for the Nikon LS-40 was tempting,
but it's still $900 w/2900 ppi, and maybe Ed will figure out the USB/Mac
thing.  I will set up with an 1160 w/CIS G4 inks.  This will be my first
scanner, so I figure I can upgrade later if desirable for the larger prints,
dynamic range, etc.  The $670 I saved may go into a new monitor...have NEC
MultiSync 15" and looking at new Apple 17", but open to alternatives.

--Berry

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.