RE: filmscanners: Re: Scanning problems

> I think the manager is correct.  This is only 7:1 compression, and I
> suspect that if you did a bit by bit subtraction of the jpeg and tiff
> files you'd find at most some errors in the least significant bit.

If they are doing ANY compression at all, they should tell you UP FRONT, no
question about it, especially if they are professionals.  The choice should
be yours, not theirs.

> it would be most useful if these people would post
> web pages with images that show a counterexample to this.

How are you going to see ANYTHING on a crappy web image at 72DPI?  I do not
believe that would be useful at all.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.