Re: filmscanners: Kodak RFS

on 2/2/01 9:14 AM, OK Photo at okphoto@otvcablelan.net wrote:

> Apparently there is a focusing problem when scanning negatives.
> Because of the curvature of the negative the scans are sharper at the sides
> then they are in the center.
>
> I was aware of this but it wasn't a big concern for me. Anyway they have
> come up with a firmware upgrade and were looking for beta testers to
> try it out. I agreed and will let you know of the improvement. (if any)
>
> Paul
Hi Paul,

Do you know if he firmware upgrade allows the autofocus to operate when
negatives are scanned, as opposed to the usual operation where only slides
are autofocused and negs are fixed focus?

I'm going through post-purchase cognitive dissonance since I just ordered a
3600.  Wondering if I should have gotten a Scan Dual II or Canon 2710, and
used the saved $600 to buy a new monitor....:~(

-Berry

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.