Re: filmscanners: VueScan 6.6 Available

Ed> However, I'd appreciate it if other people would do these comparisons and
post
Ed> their results.

Haven't played with 6.6 much, but just scanned a very dark old slide
with noticeble color shift ( Ls-30, 4+1 passes, Restore Colors ) and
noticed that colors used to fill scratches resemble ones of the original
image near the scratches, not 'restored' ones. In my case there was
strong blue cast.

NikonScan result was much worse (not to say ugly) in all aspects except
for less pronounced scratches. I inspected them and saw that they are
'gaussian blurred" and seem to be 2 to 3 times wider than on VueScan' image.

NikonScan' image was very noisy, so scratches just visually
dissolved and masked their appearance with the noise.

--
Best regards,
Alex

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.