Re: filmscanners: VueScan 6.6 Available

In a message dated 1/31/2001 7:24:15 PM EST, bobkehl@kvernkehl.com writes:

> I don't want you to reveal your secrets, but you say you have a better way
>  to accomplish both dust removal and grain reduction.  Speaking purely of
the
>  results, not necessarily the process, how is it better?

VueScan leaves less behind around the dust spots than ICE, and
the grain removal seems to work better than GEM.  However, I'd
appreciate it if other people would do these comparisons and post
their results.  I suspect there's still a lot more room for improvement
in this algorithm, even though it's already quite good.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.