RE: filmscanners: How Not Embedding Color Space in Web Graphics

Jerry writes ...

> Sorry, but I do not have Photoshop.
> (Yeah yeah, now you feel sorry for me!)

        But it "handles profiles?  It would be interesting to know how it
behaves with respect to Photoshop, but probably difficult to describe
if you're not familiar with PS.

> ... If you open without keeping the embedded profile, does
> Photoshop not convert to your working profile?

        In a sense, 'yes' ... because if you ignore an exsisting embedded
profile, PS will display the opened image in the defined (preferred)
working color space (e.g., AdobeRGB).  However, PS will not embed the
working space profile until you elect to save the file (unless you
"save as" and turn on "exclude non-image data").

> I chose working profile 'none', but my package
> (picture window pro 3.0) did not do any conversion
> with that setting. ...

        It's difficult to know how PWP3 works if "working profile"='none'.
In PS6, you would NOT have a 'none' option, but you could choose your
monitor's profile.  On the other hand, PWP probably assumes a PS4
method, which is actually no method at all ("BP", before profiles) ...
in which case, your images are very much subject to your monitor's
space, and you can expect nothing (possibly problems) if you later
choose to share your images.

shAf :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.