Re: filmscanners: Acer Scanwit 2720 problems

Hi Peter,

>If you haven't already seen it, take a look at this site:
>http://www.photoscientia.co.uk/Review.htm

Seen that one. That's one of the rewievs that made me buy this scanner. I'm
getting nowhere near his results. However, I don't know if his images are a
result of hours of curve fitting and knob tweaking.

I haven't contacted Acer, yet as I decided to test the new driver software
first. The results are slightly better with the new software but still not
good at all. I'll call Acer tomorrow and see if that 48hour hot-swap
warranty thing really is its money's worth.

Tom

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.