RE: filmscanners: [OFF] problem with image brightness

Julie writes ...

> ... The images were manipulated in
> Photoshop, so I've used the Photoshop gamma
> tool and the web site was tested mainly using
> Internet Explorer 5.0. If I convert to sRGB, I will lose
> something from the images and increase the file size.

        If you convert to sRGB ... yes, you will lose something with regard
to the image's original gamut of colors, but you will not lose
anything with respect to the gamut available on "most" monitors.  For
example, if you leave the image in AdobeRGB space, the same image when
viewed in wwwpages with the native gamut of most monitors will appear
de-saturated.  "sRGB" tries to match the native gamut of most
monitors.
        You don't need to embed sRGB after the conversion (which increases
the file size) ... you need to "save for web" with the ICM box
unchecked, or "save as" with the "exclude non-image data" box checked.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.