VueScan Brightness (was:Re: filmscanners: Provia 400F - Actually a pretty fine film! It scans well too)

b> The excessive contrast (especially in the shadows) is mostly a Vuescan
b> problem.  The actual slide contrast is OK as far as I'm concerned.  Using a
b> Brightness value of 1.4 in Vuescan produced a much better match to the
b> slide.

Have somebody made himself comfortable enough with new brightness setting?
Properly set, it works fine and doesn't wash colours, but it first _should
be_ properly set!

>From my recent experience with LS-30, it really requires 1.3-1.5 to
avoid black shadows in properly exposed slides. 1.0 may do excellent
work for some negatives but still be too dark for other batches.

So, sometimes I find myself fighting with mills..

--
Alex

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.