Re: Pigmented inks was Re: filmscanners: SS4000 and LS-2000 real value?

We seem to be misunderstanding one another. I have an 860, and am quite
happy with it. I expect to be concerned about longevity in due course. I
believe my printer will take unchipped archival pigmented ink cartridges
from 3rd party sources. It is also my understanding that those sources will
be less expensive than Epson, but I have not yet explored that. In the
meantime, I'm archiving on CD-R...
The one thing I'm especialy hesitant about is the matter of profiling all
elements of my system. Reading all the traffic here and on the Epson
Digest, that sounds like an unending headache, especially for the retiree
hobbyist with limited funds. My LS-30 was a big splurge., coming after a
modest windfall.
Hersch

At 09:31 PM 01/27/2001 -0800, you wrote:

> > > "Hersch Nitikman" <hersch@silcom.com> wrote:
> > >  What about the 860/1160 with 3rd party archival inks?
> > > Aren't they much less costly than the 2000P?
> > > Or, what am I missing?
>
>     Isn't the Epson 2000 the printer with ink cartridges with control
>chips in them ... eliminating any possibility of 3rd party sources(?)
>
>shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.