Re: Pigmented inks was Re: filmscanners: SS4000 and LS-2000 real value?

Rob:

You do not void your warranty by using third party inks in an
Epson.  If you need to return the printer for servicing, just remove
the CIS and re-install the Epson cartridges.  See the Inkjetmall web
site (Cone Peizography, eg) for a discussion of this.  We have been
back and forth on that issue on the Peizo list...Repeat: You do not
void the warranty!

rdc

Rob Geraghty wrote:

> "Hersch Nitikman" <hersch@silcom.com> wrote:
> > What about the 860/1160 with 3rd party archival inks? Aren't they much
> less
> > costly than the 2000P? Or, what am I missing?
> Rob wrote:
> >> AFAIK the 2000P is the *only* printer Epson make with OEM pigment
> >> based inks
>
> Note "OEM" above.  Yes, you can get 3rd party archival inks.  You also
> void your warranty if you use them.
>
> Obscanning (kinda): has anyone tried printing a 2700dpi scan to an A3
> page with an Epson 1160?  Did it look OK?
>
> Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.