Re: 8x10 printing was Re: filmscanners: SS4000 and LS-2000 real value?

The 800 series of printers are promoted by Epson as their office models.
  They emphasize speed, especially black text speed with these printers.
  Although they seem to do fine in the photo/art department, they are
not part of their home "image" lineup.  They are usually more costly due
to the extra large black head (and ink cart), and sometimes faster
motor. Of course, the the X7X series of printers breaks with this
numbering tradition, so the 870 is indeed the smaller brother of the
1270, which are both 6 color models.

Art

Rob Geraghty wrote:

> "Robert DeCandido" <rdcny@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Why not the 860 (the smaller version of the 1160)?
>

> I don't think the 860 and 1160 print heads are identical.  I'm pretty
> sure that the 760 is the smaller version of the 1160.  The 860 has
> more black jets so it prints plain text faster.  Either the 760 or 860
> would be fine provided they will work with a CIS - that would
> require contacting the inkjetmall and checking.
>
> Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.