Re: filmscanners: SS4000 and LS-2000 real value?

Thanks for the quick reply!

What's the fade resistance, do you suppose?  I somehow have assumed that
black ink generally lasts longer than the various colors but most info about
longevity is focused on colors.

Hart Corbett

----------
>From: "Rob Geraghty" <harper@wordweb.com>
>To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
>Subject: Re: filmscanners: SS4000 and LS-2000 real value?
>Date: Fri, Jan 26, 2001, 5:46 AM
>

> "Hart or Mary Jo Corbett" <hnmjcorbett@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> (1)  My question pertains to B&W archival printing; apparently, the 2000P
>> can't even do that.  Is there any printer out there which can at fairly
> high
>> res?  I'm used to sharp prints.  [Prints not to exceed 8X10]
>
> You might want to look at an Epson 760 (I'd have said 1160 except you
> said no larger than 8x10) with the Cone Piezography system.  The 760
> seems unbelievably cheap at the moment in the USA so it would probably
> be worth a try.
>
> Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.