[filmscanners] Epson scanners and Linux Ubuntu

Paul Nielsen, who used to subscribe to this forum, asked me to post this
to the forum, for anyone interested in using Epson scanners with Linux,
his note follows.

Art

There has been a success with using epson scanners on Ubuntu Linux.  I
know, linux people love to talk about how Linux is the be all and end
all, however epson scanners seem to have been neglected.

See this thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1154178&highlight=epson

If you think it useful, please post to the list.  It worked for me
(ubuntu 9.04, Epson V500 photo, Vuescan).

I did send this to Ed directly so hopefully it helps him.

Cheers,

Paul N.

--
Paul S. Nielsen