[filmscanners] Re: RAW?

Hi Preston,

At this point, my expertise in color correction is essentially nil.
I figured I'd get busy acquiring  that next, but it seems easiest to
just start scanning.

You make a *great* point that I ought to upgrade for the updates
alone.  Maybe (in fact, it is quite likely) I'll do the upgrade
regardless of my output format, but the original question still
stands.  However, maybe I need to restate the question in light of
your comments.

So here goes:  What format gives me the *most* flexibility for post-
scanning correction/processing/etc.?  And corollary to this:  Is
there a *downside* (other than sheer file size) to such a format?

Thanks,

Carlisle