[filmscanners] Re: Dust brush for Polaroid 4000

Thanks for your description of the dust brush.  I want to make sure I
understand before risking placing a facsimile like it through my scanner.

If I understand correctly, the brush runs along the thin outer fin on
the lefthand underside of the slide carrier, and surrounds this fin
(sort of a U shape wrapping around the fin). Or is it a C shape wrapping
around the stop side and bottom edge?

Does it extend the full length of the carrier.  How thick is the brush's
foundation in cross section (in other words, how thick does it make that
fin (not including the "bristles") when it is attached?

I've made a poor ASCII art representation of how I visualize the cross
section of the brush (that rib in the center is the fin).  If this makes
any sense, can you measure the distance of the outside thickness of the
U channel and also the height (without the bristles

this distance
  |      |
 \|/ || \|/
  :  ||  :
 -|| || ||-  <--- "U" channel of brush foundation
  //||||\\  <--- bristles

If I have misunderstood you, please correct me.

If you don't mind, and you have a digital camera, could you take a
couple of close ups at different angles and send them to me at:

artistik@shaw.ca

Any assistance would be really appreciated.

Art