[filmscanners] Re: Dust brush for Polaroid 4000

I have one of the brushes for my SS4000, and I just now looked at it
to see what it does. It rides/cleans the channel that the LEFT side
of the slide carrier rides in. If you look at the bottom of the slide
carrier you will see the left side has a thin fin as contrasted to
the wide flat surface on the right side (the side with the gear
teeth).

The brush is a spiral "pipe cleaner" brush that cleans the channel
the thin fin goes in. Because the brush is tubular, and its long axis
is aligned with the length of the fin, I can't tell if it is cleaning
the bottom, left, or right side of the channel the fin rides in. I
suspect it cleans both sides, but that's just a guess.

The centerline of the brush is aligned with the bottom of the fin,
and the brush is about 1/8" diameter.

HTH