[filmscanners] Re: Initialization problem with Polaroid SprintScan4000

My memory isn't want it used to be (whose is), but I do recall there was
some problem with some SS4000 with a cable harness which wasn't allowing
for proper movement and could resolve in a wire or plug becoming loose.
I seem to recall it relating to the light source or sensor (although
that might be a mis-recollection).  I think the fix required cutting one
of the wire harness clips. Perhaps the unit in question was an older
model that wasn't retrofitted with this change?

The owner may wish to check for a snagged or tight wire.

However, the dust problem was also an issue where the light sensitive
sensor got blocked due to dust build up and this also could prevent
initialization.

Art