[filmscanners] Re: Initialization problem with Polaroid SprintScan 4000

I tried cleaning my Polaroid SprintScan 4000 with the included
brush, but couldn't figure out how to pop the top off to look for
dust because there were no screws.  I also re-installed the driver.
It booted 3 times in a row, but only if turned on during rather
than before booting the computer.  On the fourth attempt it
didn't work (ie. the amber light didn't blink, so it apparently
didn't initialize), but on the fifth attempt it worked again.
The problem is apparently intermittent. Anybody have any ideas on
what would cause that?

Dr. Paul Patton
Life Sciences Building Rm 538A
work: (419)-372-3858
home: (419)-352-5523
Biology Department
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio 43403

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is
the mysterious.  It is the source of all true art
and science."
-Albert Einstein