[filmscanners] Re: film and scanning vs digital photography

Really?  That is very surprising.  I scan 35mm film at 5400dpi on my
KonicaMinolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400 II, and the quality is stunningly
good.  It really gets every last bit of information in the film.
Output  from any 3mp camera you can find would be laughable by
comparison.  I have found the output from this scanner to be superior to
the output available from the range of 8-10mp DLSR's (certainly at lower
ISO's, less so at higher ISO's), and noticeably superior to lower
resolution scans on the same scanner.  It's a shame this scanner is no
longer made.

John Sykes wrote