[filmscanners] MR's show at Pikto (was Re: New Ilford products)

Since Paul Segal is also from Toronto, Paul, might you see him at
Pikto and be able to pick his brains about the  scanner(s) with which
his "near-digital-quality" workflow might begin? I'm curious to know
whether he's concerned about the type of light source. And which
scanner he would substitute for his Minolta 5400 if he had to. I
would like to try his workflow but first need to replace my  35mm
film scanner.

Thanks.
--
Sam