[filmscanners] Re: Minolta Dimage Scan ELite 5400 II negative carrierslippage

Patrick Cullinan, Jr. wrote:

>Dear folks,
>

>If anyone is using a Scan Elite 5400 or Scan Elite 5400 II, could they
>please check their carriers for me to see if the teeth are of the same
>height?  This could help me to get to a solution.

You've answered one thing I've wondered about.  The carriers HAVE been
changed
between the first version and version II.  Although similar, the drive
mechanism has
changed (which would perhaps account for claims of a faster mechanism in the
newer version).

Mike K.