[filmscanners] Re: HP PhotsSmart - questions

> > Windex contains amonia which can etch coatings. Never use it
> > on optics.
depends on the version you use, not that i would as they don't sell it here.

"Windex(r) Glass and Multi-Surface Cleaners contain detergents,
solvents, fragrance, Ammonia-D(r), and alcohol. They should not be used
if ammonia is not recommended for use on surface. (Windex(r) Multi Task
with Vinegar, Windex(r) Outdoor Window & Surface Cleaner, and Windex(r)
Multi Task Glistening Citrus Orange do not contain ammonia. They are
safe to use in these cases.)"
http://www.windex.com/faqs.asp#1

>I am unfamiliar with electronics grade alcohol; how does it differ from
>denatured alcohol?  I understand why one might not want to use rubbing
>alcohol' but is denatured alcohol the same as electronic grade?

electronics grade alcohol may possibly be isopropyl alcohol, denatured
alcohol is methylated spirits here in the UK.
--
Paul Roberts
mail@paul-roberts.com